THE WESTERN ROUND-UP
Come in and chat about all things Western 
THE WESTERN ROUND-UP Forum Index  
 Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Film being made at Tranquility wild west town

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THE WESTERN ROUND-UP Forum Index -> Fast Draw & Re-enactment News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Film being made at Tranquility wild west town  Reply with quote

Hi a short film is being made at Tranquility over two weekends starting from July 30th,im looking for anyone who is interested in playing a patron of the saloon.These are non speaking parts just to add a bit of "colour" to a few interior shots.The film itself is along the lines of the Italian Dollar films of Sergio Leone if anyone is interested please contact me via this site for details.
There is space for overnight camping. ... There's no payment involved!! It is not a commercial venture. ...we're looking for volunteers with a passion for western history & movie making. Folks with western gear will get preference. If interested contact me in the first instance & I'll forward your details to the Director.
The film is being shot in & around Tranquility Wild West Town located halfway between Huntly & turriff (Aberdeenshire).
Thanks for reading & best wishes from JB.
JB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Tranquility Movie Project 2011 Reply with quote

Hi All,
Thought I'd drop you a line telling you about our latest movie project.....our most ambitious yet. In association with Bad Reality Films we shall be filming a traditional "blood & guts" western entitled "The Crooked Star" over the weekend 4-5th June. Any genuinely interested parties are welcome to get in touch perhaps with a view to being involved in some aspect of the making of the movie.
Best wishes
JB
PS. If all goes smoothly there is talk of making a second movie later in the year.
B.J. colt
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB

thats great news I hope all goes well with the film and you get the second one as well would it be ok for me to mention this to the rest guys on a tuesday night?? if you dont mind

www.thegunslingers.webs.com
JB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your good wishes BJ. Please do tell the guys about the movie project & if any are interested I hope they will be in touch.
All the best. JB
LaredoDixie
Town Drunk
Town Drunk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: TO JB Tranquility Reply with quote

JB could you give us more info on the filming we have not been on the forum for a while and have just seen the message so if you could let us know if you are still looking for people we are westerners and have the gear we run our own club down here in Annan and have a few friends that might be interested as well contact Laredo and Dixie through the forum  wait to here from you Laredo and Dixie  
JB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Filming at tranquility Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest Laredo & Dixie. We could use a few more townsfolk & ranch hands. At present there is also a good speaking part still up for grabs. You can camp on site & either do your own catering or we can provide decent meals at rock bottom prices. Sorry but there is no space for tin tepees but if you are genuinely interested I could ask a neighbouring farmer if he would let you park your vans on his land ( if you were thinking of bringing vans).The dates are Sat & Sun 4-5th June but arrival on friday would not be a problem.
I prefer not to put more detailed info on a public forum but please email me if you definitely want to be part of the cast & I can answer any more questions you may have.
Best wishes
JB
PS you can email me at  tranquility_town@hotmail.co.uk
LaredoDixie
Town Drunk
Town Drunk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB speak soon  
JB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: A Crooked Star - You Tube trailer link Reply with quote

Here's a link to the trailer we made for our 2011 movie project. The post production stuff has just recently been finished & the complete DVD is now available to purchase.
Watch the trailer here.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l57l26RveOQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THE WESTERN ROUND-UP Forum Index -> Fast Draw & Re-enactment News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: